Alone....again
Matthew left this morning around 11am. He is stopping in St. Louis tonight to catch a Reds game. He will finish his drive to Oklahoma City tomorrow. And thus begins 3 weeks and 5 days of me being alone.
Oh I hate this. Especially in the summer. That damn boat. In a way, I wish we didn’t even have it. We rarely get to use it and with gas so high, it hurts too bad to use it. Let’s not forget about the jetski which has been sitting in storage, unused for 2 years. We should probably fix it up and use it. I do like it. But we really can’t pull both of them down to the lake. We need to just live on the lake so we can use all our toys. But living on the lake means living millions of miles from civilization. They keep saying they are going to expand Williamstown Lake. Maybe if they actually do, that will be an option. But for now, it’s not helping us.
Cincinnati is finally getting hip. Cirque du Soleil is coming later this summer. I love Cirque! We used to go each time it came through Atlanta. Alas, Quidam is coming to Cincinnati, and we have seen that one. If it was Alegria, I would go again. Alegria is awesome. Quidam was good, but not spectacular.
Matthew just called to tell me that he heard on the radio that Texas is going to set up Webcams on the borders. You can sit at home on your computer and watch the borders 24 hours a day. If you see someone sneaking over, you call an 800 number to alert the authorities. Now I don’t know if this is real or if it was just something those Talk Radio guys babble about being a good idea. But I think it is an excellent idea because you know there are freaks out there that will do this. It will consume their entire life. But that’s ok, if it protects our borders.
Is it July 1 yet?
I have been thinking lately of getting a real job. I have no idea what, and I hate working. But I just feel like I should be doing something. Since Matthew has mostly weekends off, it would have to be a job with weekends off. I don’t really like having just weekends off, because things are so crowded on weekends. I like being able to do things during the week. Even worse than working is looking for a job. And interviewing. Ugh. I hate that. Can’t someone just give me a job without all the bullshit?
I’ve got about an hour before I have to take a shower to go to work. Yes, it’s 1:45pm and I have not had a shower yet. This will be my life for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully it will warm up out of the 80s soon so I can go to the pool in the mornings. I may hit the tanning bed this week.
That’s enough for now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home